Sunday 12 February 2012

LOVING THOUGHTS ON GOD, THE ALMIGHTY…


The young man took the key, walked to the vehicle and began to pray ...Then he started the engine and parked the jeep to the place PERFECTLY well as the captain wanted. The young man came out of the Jeep and saw them all crying. They all said together: "We want to serve your God!" The young soldier was astonished, and asked what was going on? The CAPTAIN now crying uncontrollably opened the hood of the jeep revealing that the car had no engine!
What a wonderful week this last one turned out to be! In the midst of thoughts about Nigeria, Boko Haram, the threat of resurgence of militancy in the Niger Delta and how a Sovereign National Conference might help or hurt the solution-finding process, three of my sisters, one, very distant, chose to redirect my focus. They refocused me from those challenges to the One who is able to solve them. They refocused me to God, by reminding me of some of His many great attributes; and in the process reinforced my peace.


Here are the thoughts they shared, one in a daily devotional, the others, on Facebook. With them, I usher you into this wonderful week when love is celebrated worldwide.  

…HE'S GOOD

Joel and Lauren decided to move from Washington State back home to Michigan. Wanting to make one last special memory, they bought coffee from their favourite cafe and then stopped at their favourite bookstore. There they picked up two bumper stickers with a favourite motto of the town they were saying goodbye to: “It’s an Edmonds kind of day.”

After 2 weeks and a 3,000-mile drive, they entered Michigan. Hungry and wanting to celebrate their arrival, they stopped and asked about where to find a restaurant. Although they had to backtrack a few miles, they found a quaint little cafe. Emma, their waitress, excited to learn they were from her home state of Washington, asked, “What city?” “Edmonds,” they replied. “That’s where I’m from!” she said. Wanting to share the joy, Joel got their extra bumper sticker from the car and handed it to her. Amazingly, the sticker was from her mother’s store! It had gone from her mom’s hands to theirs, across 3,000 miles, to her hands.

Mere coincidence? Or were these experiences good gifts orchestrated by a good God who loves to encourage His children? Proverbs tells us, “A man’s steps are directed by the Lord” (20:24 NIV). In response, let’s “bless His name. For the Lord is good” (Psalm 100:4-5) - (Anne Cetas in Our Daily Bread).

 …DOES THE IMPOSSIBLE

A young man working in the army was constantly humiliated because he believed in God. One day the captain wanted to humiliate him before the troops. He called the young man and said: "Young man, come here! Take the key and go and park the
Jeep in front."

The young man replied: "I can not drive, sir!" The captain said: "Ask for assistance from your God, then! Show us that he exists!"

The young man took the key, walked to the vehicle and began to pray ...Then he started the engine and parked the jeep to the place PERFECTLY well as the captain wanted.

The young man came out of the Jeep and saw them all crying. They all said together:
"We want to serve your God!"

The young soldier was astonished, and asked what was going on? The CAPTAIN now crying uncontrollably opened the hood of the jeep revealing that the car had no engine!

Then the boy said: "See? This is the God I serve, THE GOD OF ALL POSSIBILITY, the God who gives life to what does not exist."

You may think there are things still impossible in your life, but WITH GOD EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE. Believe for the IMPOSSIBLE TODAY AND ALWAYS and IT WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU. I AM! ((Posted by Rev Mrs Nkoyo Eromosele)

…HE’S LOOKING OUT FOR YOU

Me: God, can I ask You a question?
God: Sure
Me: Promise You won't get mad
God: I promise
Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?
God: What do u mean?
Me: Well, I woke up late
God: Yes
Me: My car took forever to start
God: Okay
Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait
God: Huummm
Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call
God: All right
Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager and relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?
God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that
Me (humbled): OH
GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.
Me: (ashamed)
God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.
Me (embarrassed):Okay
God: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.
Me: (softly): I see God
God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to electrocute you, So I stopped it from coming on.
Me: I'm Sorry God
God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.
Me: I will trust You.
God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.
Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.
God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children... (Posted by Rev Mrs Kenny Osoba).

Thanks a million, my sisters for giving me a week filled with meditations on the love nature of God. Thank you, Father for helping me to share. Happy Valentines, all. 

No comments: