Sunday 30 September 2012

LIVEPRAYER’S BILL KELLER NEEDS YOUR HELP!


 “I am at a crossroads. God has always taken care of us over these 13 years. Without any support, I have to begin thinking that God is shutting the door, I have been wrong all along in simply telling the truth while those who compromise, sell false hope, were correct. I REFUSE to believe selling out is the answer!!! In our greatest need, those who believe in the truth have rallied to keep us moving forward. NOW IS THE TIME!!! Without your help, Liveprayer will become dark!
We were rounding off editorial work on another edition of KINGDOMPeople when it dawned on me that one of my favourite columns, FERTILE SOIL was being left out. So, I decided to quickly put together a piece on Bill Keller, the internet evangelist whose Liveprayer website has and continues to bless hundreds of thousands of people all over the world.

As was my wont, I decided to check the site to update my file on his ministry. As has become inevitable for a while now, Bill was calling upon beneficiaries of his work to come to his aid as bills for the previous months were outstanding and needs to be paid urgently. It is precisely for that reason that I thought to use the pages of KINGDOMPeople to join the campaign for ensuring adequate funding for what is clearly a unique fearless and fiercely uncompromisingly biblical ministry.

As I read the posting for Thursday, I saw the urgency of the needs and concluded that our “Fertile Soil” may be too little, too late. So, with my current, temporary “silver and gold have I none” situation, I thought to use this medium to join Bill’s save our souls campaign.

I am yielding the rest of this space to him in a random selection of excerpt from that posting titled: “WILL YOU HELP ME??? LIVEPRAYER DEPENDS UPON YOUR HELP!”

Bill Keller wrote as follows: “Praise God! We have finally covered the final amount of our August shortfall and now must work hard over the next 2 days to take care of our $40,000 September operations. $25,000 of that is weeks past due. I am praying for 5 friends of Liveprayer who can immediately send a special one-time gift of $5,000 to cover that amount, and if everyone else will send what you are able to send, in the next 2 days we can end this month with all of our obligations taken care of. Please take a moment today and pray about what the Lord is calling you to do to help me insure over the next 4 days our ENTIRE September budget is taken care of. GOD IS ABLE!!!

“TO GIVE A GIFT TO LIVEPRAYER, you can use your major credit card on our secure server at: www.liveprayer.com under the "Donation" link, you can give using your PayPal account using my email address: bkeller@liveprayer.com,or you can mail your gift to: Liveprayer, 6660 46th Ave. North, St.Petersburg, FL 33709. All gifts to Liveprayer are 100% tax deductible”.

If he stopped there, perhaps I wouldn’t be writing this, but he went on this way: “I am at a crossroads. God has always taken care of us over these 13 years. Without any support, I have to begin thinking that God is shutting the door, I have been wrong all along in simply telling the truth while those who compromise, sell false hope, were correct. I REFUSE to believe selling out is the answer!!! In our greatest need, those who believe in the truth have rallied to keep us moving forward. NOW IS THE TIME!!! Without your help, Liveprayer will become dark! We have to bring in at least $25,000 in the next day just to continue!!!! This is no longer about me, it about YOU and what will YOU do to preserve one of the only places people can come to hear the TRUTH!!!

“For those who have given, forgive me, since if we don't bring in the minimal amount we need to continue, we will have to close down!!!

In 2007, I wrote a Devotional stating that 2008 would be a monumental year, a year of great change. It was. We saw the financial crisis that has impacted tens of millions of people in this nation and hundreds of millions around the world...  

“While over 12,000 churches have shut down, 120,000 non-profit organizations closed their doors, and with the property of nearly 40,000 churches in foreclosure, Liveprayer has continued to press forward despite seeing a 67% drop in donations from 2008 and losing 29 of our core group of 30 people who had the ability in times of financial difficulty to be able to overnight or wire $10,000-$30,000 to help us over a rough edge.

“That is why over the past years I have had to come to you more often than I would like to ask you to pray about supporting His work here. During the first 9 years of Liveprayer, we only had to share our needs 3-4 times a month. With the economic downturn in the nation, we now have to share our needs 11-12 times each month, though it is still less than 3% of the content we produce each month.

“Due to our extreme financial crisis at Liveprayer, I have cut my personal salary from $36,000 to just $12,000 for the past 2 years, and that is only in order to pay the most basic needs to survive each month. I have poured my heart, soul, life, and even blood at times into God's work here the past 12 years to reach the lost and see HIS Truth declared in the marketplace…to be a rare bold, uncompromised voice for Biblical Truth in this lost age.

“As I type these words tonight, I am at the end. Simply sustaining our daily operations is now a daily task. Simply paying for basic personal needs is becoming more difficult. For nearly 20 years, I have literally sacrificed my life, my time, my talent, and my treasure to bring the lost to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, and HIS Truth boldly and without compromise into the marketplace, as very few are doing, virtually none at a national level in the secular media

“Don't think for a second I am not of flesh and blood and think about how I could have simply fallen into line like the rest. Gone on Christian TV, brought false hope into people's lives, never talked about sin or the hell that awaits those who reject Jesus, compromise and take the money from cult members, and totally sold out the faith in order to be politically correct and generate tens of millions annually to live like a rock star…”

Dear reader, are you able to help Bill Keller sustain this wonderful ministry? Please do. If not, at least, join me to pray that despondency does not get the better of him. Thank you.


No comments: